Saturday, November 6, 2010

twins

I was watching a show this morning and they were talking about twins---they showed two men that were identical.

Yesterday I was at the gym--I had my iPod on, but turned down the volume to listen to the two ladies that were talking next to me. Yea, I know...kinda stalkerish and weird. But they were talking about having 5 year old twins. I had to hear what was being said.

At my church there are identical twin girls that are in the class I help out in.

I saw the movie, "social network" and if you have seen it, you know two of the main characters are identical twins. men.

Last weekend phil and I took the kids to the pumpkin patch and we ended up meeting a mom with her 4 year old twins boys.

Needless to say...now that I am a mom of twins, it seems like I"m a magnet to twin convos or seeing twins all around.

Many of you know that I have WANTED twins every since I was little. I even went as far to say I was GOING to have twins. Twin boys to be exact. I know..strange. My mom is a twin and I knew my grandma actually had two sets of twins. So it was bound to happen...in my mind. With that, I had all these preconceived ideas as what it would look like to be a mom of twins. I had the emotions already lined up and the experiences mapped out in my mind. It was a good picture I had.

No...I'm not now living a "bad picture"...but...my hopes and dreams of having a full term pregnancy with twins got flushed away. I never really got to feel them wrestle in my belly. Does this mean they wont have that same "twin" talk people mention...or the same closeness identical twins have?

All the talk and seeing twins around me is bittersweet. I'm working on accepting the way things are and letting go of what could of...or in my mind...should have been. After all...it was a long awaited dream that--well....sorta came true. Will my twins be in the same class....the same grade for that matter? The same school? Will they be on the same teams or can they even play the same sports. .....

sigh....

more on this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment