Saturday, December 18, 2010

A few proud moments

Although this is not a good picture...and doesn't look like something to be proud of. The moment before the tears was the moment I was trying to capture. Xander has been playing "catch" for the last two days. He totally understands the back and forth concept. Very cute. This moment that you see...is him being very dramatic because braxton came and took the ball. :)
Braxton is munchin' on a ritz cracker. Not a big deal to most moms of 16 month olds. However, this is the FIRST time he has every grabbed a cracker and knew to take bites from it. At first he would smack it away. Or I would have to encourage him to even take the bites I broke off. He looked like a true toddler right here. (xander has been eating crackers like this for just a couple weeks as well).
I asked caden to draw me a circle. I was really impressed with his attempt. He knows how to identify circles orally, but didn't think he could get so close to actually drawing one. Yesterday, phil and I were sitting with him and I asked him who's thumb was bigger, phil's or mine. He chose daddys. Then I asked who's thumb was bigger caden's or mommys. He chose mommys. Then we put all three of our thumbs together and asked, "who's finger is the smallest". He threw his up and said, "caden's!". Maybe no big deal...maybe all 2 year olds do this. But to me it seemed like pretty high level thinking. And as him momma...I was proud :)

okay. brag time is over. :o)
I love my boys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment