Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Braxton's eyes

It's almost been a week since braxton's eye surgery. The first one, done in august, seemed to have a whole different recovery/healing process. This time around has been a lot harder (for him and me!).

His eyes seem to be more red, more swollen, and more irritated. He is constantly wanting to rub them and when he wakes up from any nap it takes literally an hour or so for him to finally open his eyes. He is extremely cranky. That's not to say he doesn't smile. HE has moments where his eyes don't seem to bother him. But for the most part it has been a rough week.

I called the doctor and she's suppose to call me back today. We have a follow up appt tmw, so I want to see if she would like to see him earlier. I fear there's something wrong. The left eye also, to me, looks way more crossed. The risk going into surgery, is that the muscle can detach. Im praying this didn't happen, or he's going right back under the knife as an emergence.

Pray for my little guy...I can't wait till he can just be done with eye issues. I'm learning how to be faithful and trust in God that He is in charge here. But it's been a challenging week for that--i won't lie. I worry way too much....I need to let go. Working on that.

1 comment: