Saturday, January 30, 2010

Apnea Monitor




For all the curious minds, this is what the apnea monitor looks like. It's a very soft foam band that goes around their chest. It doesn't seem to bother them. however, braxton seems to have a little red sore under one of his leads. I wish I could take it off more often, to let his skin breathe, but I get way too nervous to have it off. it tends to come off only for bath time.
I liked this picture of Braxton, because it shows him doing a typical baby reflex, touching his hands together at mid-line. this is something the physical therapist worked on with both boys during their hospital stay. She gave us tips on how to continue this behavior.

The goal for their 4 month check up, when they go to the "high risk follow up clinic" at Loma Linda, is for the boys to be able to do a good back arch during tummy time and start, if not already doing it, to touch their toes while laying on their back. I'll keep you updated as I see them get closer to these milestones.

No comments:

Post a Comment