Thursday, August 18, 2011

A letter to my birthday boys

Dear Braxton and Xander,

Two years ago, today, I met you through a glass. You were both soo very tiny, so fragile, fighting to take a breathe. Your eyes were fused shut, your skin was paper thin, heat lamps over your bed, your lungs didn't work, you had a hole near your heart, a big tube down your throat, wires in your belly button, machines all around you, you were pumped with medicine to keep your heart going, poked hourly with iv's and needles. You little bodies have been zapped with more radiation in the first few weeks of life than I have had in my lifetime.

Your friends parents will tell them stories about the first time they crawled or the first time they walked. You will hear more about the first time I got to lay a finger on you (literally a finger)....you were already days old. or hold you....you were already a month old. I will tell you about the first time I heard you cry...you were already about 2 months old. I will tell you about the first time you drank milk/had a bottle....you were already 3 months old. Our journey has been unlike any other. I will definitely talk about the first time you got to come home....almost 5 months after you were born. The milestones you have made have made me the proudest, happiest mom in the world. You both continue to thrive and make me so proud.

You boys have taught me the importance of trusting God and through you, I have learned even more that prayer is for real and so powerful. I have learned that without God this journey could have and WOULD have looked very different. You boys are a walking testimony of what God can do when we ask and believe. I pray that God continues to use you in big ways.

August 18, 2009 I met two very fragile little boys who were barely alive. Today I have the privledge of seeing two strong, thriving, healthy, smart, fun loving, sweet little boys that I love so much!

Happy Birthday Braxton and Xander!

Love always,
"momma"


No comments:

Post a Comment